A small compilation of some of the great lies told over the last 70 years by Many US presidents. After being duped by whatever president happens to be in office during their 20s, I wonder how anyone over 30 could ever vote. You have no idea what these people are going to do in office.
- Clinton lying about having sex with Monica Lewinski
- George HW Bush lying about not raising taxes
- Obama lying about heath care coverage
- Reagan lying about the Iran Contra Scandal
- George Bush lying about his interest in sending troops overseas and then joking about there not being any WMDs in Iraq
- Lyndon Johnson lying about attacks on US ships in the Gulf of Tonkin
- What might be the biggest lie in presidential history, FDR telling moms and dads that their boys won’t be sent overseas to fight in wars, AS he was plotting to make just that happen.
I would have liked to have included more of number 7. Here is a bit more of what he had to say. He was starting to ramp up training of soldiers, for the war, and that was making people nervous. Here is the text of the entire speech.
And while I am talking to you mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance.
I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again:
Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars.
They are going into training to form a force so strong that, by its very existence, it will keep the threat of war far away from our shores.
The purpose of our defense is defense.